2016 Meyers Aircraft Owners Association Fly-In Sept 21 – 24April 17th, 2016
Global Parts Group, Interceptor Aviation and Meyers Movement are proud to promote the annual Meyers Aircraft Owners Association Fly-In September 21 – 24, 2016 at Creve Coeur Airport (1HO) in Maryland Heights, MO. If you own a Meyers (or just like Meyers aircraft) you are invited! We can’t wait to see you and share updates on what the future holds for your vintage beauties.
Negotiated Room Rates:
Standard King — $99/night
One-bedroom suite — $109/night
The hotel is located on the banks of the Missouri River and is next to beautiful walking trails and a large public park at one end of Main St in Old St. Charles. Historic Old St. Charles is cobblestoned streets lined with quaint shops, restaurants, pubs and more.
Wednesday, September 21
Fly-In attendees will arrive and register at Creve Coeur Airport, where an Interceptor hosted hospitality area and refreshments await in the airport lounge. Drinks, snacks and finger foods will be available. There will be a social gathering allowing for a “laid back” afternoon. You may check into your hotel (Country Inn & Suites Hotel or other hotel of your choosing) for a quick nap and/or to freshen up for the evening gathering. In the evening a BBQ dinner will be served next to the hotel.
Thursday, September 22
Breakfast will be served at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel. Following breakfast we will gather for an 8:30 AM tour of the Historic Aircraft Restoration Museum (HARM). The Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational institution recognized and approved by the Federal Government and the State of Missouri whose primary goal is the acquisition, restoration, display and operation of antique and vintage aircraft. The Museum is primarily focused on, but not limited to, aircraft and related items from what many refer to as The Golden Age of Flight, rougly 1920 to 1939.
Following our tour of the museum lunch will be served at the airport featuring a taste of St. Louis. The rest of the afternoon events are, at this time, to be determined. For dinner you are free to choose your preference; nearby Old St. Charles, MO offers a wide variety of historic riverfront establishments. St. Charles was founded by the famous French Canadian fur trader Louis Blanchette and is a large source of American history. Daniel Boone called St. Charles home and a local museum is dedicated to Lewis & Clark and the Corps of Discovery.
Friday, September 23
Breakfast will again be served at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel. The Friday morning events have yet to be determined and may feature a special guest speaker. Lunch will be served at the airport followed by an afternoon of events yet to be determined. In the evening you are again free to choose your dining destination.
Saturday, September 24
Saturday morning will feature a Fly-Out Breakfast to a location yet to be determined. Lunch is at the airport followed by an afternoon of maintenance forums. After the forums time will be given to prep your aircraft for return flights home. The evening will feature a bnaquet dinner at the airport potentially featuring live entertainment.
Sunday, September 25
Following a group breakfast at the Country Inn & Suites Hotel we will again host a social gathering after which everyone will depart for home.
- We didn’t want to schedule the group so tightly that there would be no time to sample the local culture, of which there is plenty, so we left an abundance of free time to see local sites and attractions. We are working on some group tours and will make an announcement when those are confirmed.
- The airport maintains a social gathering / dining area next to the ramp. Meals are provided on site every Sunday but there will be several of our group meals provided. A stage and sound system are also available so if you bring your musical instrument of choice, magic act or dance routine you can provide some entertainment for the group.
- The Fly-Out location is not yet confirmed but will be announced if and when it is.
- The airport can provide several meals in a package deal so we will let you know the details as soon as we know.
- The HARM Museum is on the field and we are looking into a private, guided tour for the group.
- Octoberfest in Old St. Charles begins on Friday while we are there. The Country Inn & Suites Hotel is located away from downtown St. Charles but is within easy walking distance of all of the festivities. Sounds like fun!
- We will be posting copious amounts of event information as the summer progresses; please check the Meyers website often. There are many cool things to see and do in St. Louis.
- While the hotel rates are good until the day of the event they can only hold the block until August 22. After that date you may or may not get a room. Remember … Octoberfest!
- Please bring items for the group auction.
- Finally, the above schedule is TENTATIVE but is what we are working with for now. If you have a suggestion or recommendation please contact Jim Jones via email or telephone at 641-485-7219.
A special THANKS to our on-site coordinators Mike and Jan DaPrato for the tremendous amount of work they have provided.